Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Bid Adieu

 It was my birthday in 2016, when I gifted myself the most expensive gift in my life-A motorcycle. As a teenager, I always wanted to ride a bike, showing attitude like Hritik Roshan with Dhoom machale Dhoom machale ringing in the back of my head.  A dream I fulfilled at the age of 24. It was an exciting day for me because paying my 60K bucks all at a time was the expensive shopping I ever did till then. My father was no interested in buying a bike, he had his bizarre reasons but I was determined to get my hands on a brand-new motorcycle. I even named it as Ram Dulari. I was unskilled with gear bikes and could not handle the gear-clutch combination well. But, after few weeks of regular practice, I was comfortable with my Ram Dulari. I felt like a king when I rode it and accelerated to high speeds. Cleaning it on weekends with foam wash was my favorite activity.



I bought it in Faridabad and there I could barely use it because I was working in a different city. It was during my masters in Gwalior, this bond between me and Ram Dulari evolved. I would often wander with her, happy, sad, angry or excited, I shared every emotion with my Ram Dulari. It had been 4 years, Ram Dulari has become and important part in my life. It was analogous to the relationship between Atmaram and his sakharam (scooter) in TMKOC.
In 2021, I would be moving to a different city and Ram Dulari would be alone without me. It was only me who could handle it. So, I took the most hear-breaking decision of my life to let my Ram Dulari go. It was on 20th January 2021; I trade off with my bike and broke all relations with it.
The bond between man-machine may sound superficial but yes, it exists and I can vouch for that. I bid my Hero Passion Pro ……my Ram Dulari…… adieu.

No comments:

SUBSCRIBE THROUGH MAIL

Copyright © Elliptical Focus (2018). All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.